Privacy Statement – January 2021
Svarupa Yoga is the trading name of Rupal Karia
At Svarupa Yoga we care deeply about protecting your personal information. If you’re a student with us you will have completed a health form which is kept as a paper document in a locked, fireproof cabinet. Your personal information will never be shared. It is only used so that I can know how to best help you with wellbeing issues. The form will be disposed of confidentially after two years and ongoing students will then be asked to update their health form to keep track of any changing medical issues.
- Enquiries from non customers – message, name and email address – received via our website or by email - held for up to a year, and used to answer query and follow up.
- Mailing list – name and email address - populated by people registering on our website, or opting in on an enquiry form. People completing a health declaration are added to the mailing list so they can be kept in touch with class information, but all mailings have opt out link – indefinitely, but opt out link on each mailing.
- Health and registration forms from students - name, contact details and health information – completed via email or in class - used for class management, and to support your practice and adapt postures / practices safely for you and held for at least seven years for insurance purposes. This information is held securely electronically and / or on paper in a locked drawer with access only to Rupal Karia
- Attendance registers – data collected in class - used for class management, and held for at least seven years for insurance purposes.
- Notes on classes and sessions - data collected in class - used for class management, and held for at least seven years for insurance purposes.
- Emails – sent from clients and non clients. Important messages are saved in our filing system, otherwise emails retained for up to two years.
- Payment data, excluding card information which we do not receive at any time. Received via accounting and banking systems, and saved for at least seven years for accounting and tax obligations.
- Website cookies set automatically by our software. We do not knowingly access these or pass to third parties.
- Except where required by law, we do not share data with third parties or sell contact lists.
- Information held by Svarupa Yoga is accessed by Rupal Karia, and contractors working on Svarupa Yoga's IT. From time to time, I may consult peers and a supervisor around my teaching, however I do not share any personal, identifiable information on you for example, name, email address, address or date of birth.
For queries about Data Protection, please contact email@example.com